News and Events
Member Appreciation Month
October is Member Appreciation Month and our way of letting you know we appreciate you! Join us the week of October 10th as we celebrate YOU, our members. Visit our office this week for your chance to win our daily cash prizes. This year we'll be giving away Credit Union totes as well as our 2018 wall calendars. While you're here, enjoy some food and beverages on us!
If you are looking to purchase or refinance a loan, this month is the month to do it! For the month of October, we'll be offering the following loan specials:
New or used vehicle purchases: 1.00% off our regular loan rates with rates as low as 1.75% APR
Vehicle Refinance: we will beat your current interest rate by 1.00%*!
Or if you're in need of a quick personal loan for the holidays, we are offering a Holiday Loan Special: borrow up to $2,500 on signature with rates as low as 7.99% APR
Share the news with your Teamsters co-workers and/or family relatives who are eligible to join. New member fees will be waived for those interested in joining, and they too can take advantage of our giveaways and loan specials!
Refer a member. Get $25.
As a Teamsters Credit Union member, every time you refer an eligible Teamster member or family member joins the credit union and opens a new loan, you will receive $25 and they will also receive $25!
Simply complete the form below and have the new member submit it with the new account forms and loan application. As a thank you, the Credit Union will deposit $25 into your account and $25 into the new member's account when their loan is established.
To receive $25, simply complete this Refer a Member Coupon
Equifax, one of three credit bureaus, recently confirmed a massive cyber security breach. Equifax is reporting that the personal data of approximately 143 million Americans may have been compromised - this includes Social Security numbers, addresses, birth dates, and even credit card numbers.
What should you do?
The first step members should take is to visit Equifax's website, www.equifaxsecurity2017.com. Equifax has a tool that can help determine whether your data has been exposed. Click on "Potential Impact" and enter your last name and six digits of your Social Security number to determine if your data has been compromised. Equifax is offering all U.S. consumers one year of free identity theft protection and credit monitoring through their service, TrustedID.
How do you protect your identity?
Whether or not you may have been affected, Teamsters Credit Union highly encourages you to do the following to protect your identity:
- CHECK YOUR CREDIT REPORTS: you can receive a free copy of your credit report from Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian every 12 months by visiting www.annualcreditreport.com. Any unauthorized accounts or mistakes could indicate identity theft.
- FREEZE YOUR CREDIT: a "freeze" on your credit will prevent anyone, including yourself, from opening any new credit in your name. Each time you apply for a credit card, mortgage or loan, you will need to lift the freeze — with the PIN you got when you froze your credit — a few days beforehand. To freeze your credit, contact each of the credit bureaus using these phone numbers:
- SET A FRAUD ALERT: when you set a fraud alert with the credit bureaus, lenders will be required to contact you to verify your identity before opening an account. Fraud alerts last 90 days, after then you will have to renew.
- MONITOR YOUR ACCOUNTS: frequently reviewing account activity for charges you do not recognize and immediately reporting unauthorized transactions
- STAY INFORMED: visit Equifax's FAQ to learn more about the recent breach, or visit our Resources to learn more about Cyber Security and Identity Theft.
Subscribe to Credit Union updates!
To receive emails on credit union updates, loan specials, special discounts, and more, simply subscribe below!